Wednesday, May 6, 2009

post #2


the super in my building happens to be a crack head, more specifically, a crack head that is completely harmless and rendered mostly useless aside from the amazing skill of stealing bikes (which others have stolen everything off of) and bringing them back to life. the front of my building in Brooklyn serves as his parking space for his bikes once they come back to life. as you can see from below, he went to great lengths to "purchase" a nice new chain.

ok, so I spent every day for the 4 weeks after he parked his bike (and secured it to the street sign), waiting for something to happen. then one day, I came home from work to discover that that nice new chain... didn't really prevent theft so much.

that's right, the bastards took both of his crappy, rusted and almost kinda useless wheels and pedals BUT left the plastic bag stuck in the chain. after a week, I came home to discover that as ambitious as he is to save bikes, that he had decided to give that chain another chance.

and then over the weekend, even more bikes found their way to that chain!

so while I am inclined to give him partial credit for locking up the crappiest bikes imaginable, I am forced to point out that even the tiniest of chains can't prevent the crappiest of components from being stolen. anybody need a wheel?

No comments:

Post a Comment