Wednesday, July 8, 2009

post #14



what a pretty bike; pretty enough Rainbow Bright would consult me on how to swipe it.
at first glance, it appears to be locked up wrong, but when you get closer to this bike, it becomes more clear that it is not really even locked up (see below)

yup. you guessed it. that is in fact a bungee cord. a nice looking one if you ask me. in fact, I even tested out its security by looking over my shoulder, undoing it, looking back over my should and nothing. so I secured it back into place as you can see from the picture above. please note, bungee cords are good for the following things: securing a mattress to the roof of a car, a temporary leash for a 3-yr old, hipster-inspired bracelets, a choker, device used to choke something, naughty tangler-device in bed, a chanukkah gift... BUT NOT AS A BIKE LOCK. had I not lost my Sharpie® in Harlem over the weekend, I would have written a note on the napkin in my pocket informing them of this. how should this rider secure their bike tomorrow? perhaps twist ties. NEXT!!!



is it me or does this single speed appear to have rugged mountain biking tires?
well, I guess if you have ever ridden through Red Hook... the amount of garbage on the ground gives this rider reason enough to pair these two things together. I will give the owner credit for looking it up pretty well. while I am not an advocate of the cable... I think that if a random man were walking around the Red Hook pool w/ garden sheers, somebody might question his motives. if they didn't, that man would score some huge-ass mountain bike tires. the frame is as secure as can be and to be totally honest, I'd bet my left flip flop that there were at least 10 other bikes near this one which would be far easier to steal. I'll give him a thumbs up. NEXT!!!
—submitted by Blyer in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment